Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Indescribable





By Mark Van Buren

It's Tuesday morning and I am trying to think of words to describe this project. From the people we have met, the things we have seen, and the love we have shared, words do not seem to describe what the past week has been like. My life is changed, my eyes are no longer shut, and my heart is opened. Every day has been tough, yet rewarding. Pain and wisdom are not different from one another. Wisdom does not come from education, but from true life experiences. The people we met at our home stays were just as beautiful as the surroundings that they occupied and had so much wisdom to share. They took us in and treated us as if we were there own flesh and blood. Can you imagine doing that? Taking in a stranger and giving them everything. So touching, yet again words can not come even close to describing. I am looking forward to the rest of this week, especially working with the children of Los Quinchos, an orphanage/rehabilitation project for the street children. This project is not funded by the Nicaraguan Government. It was established by an Italian woman and is currently funded by Italian communities. "Love is the perfect kind of friend." Miss everyone at home! Much love to my family and all other readers!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your project in more detail when you get home in a few days. It sounds to me like you all are truly embracing the vibrant life that surrounds you and are learning amazing life lessons from your experiences. There's something so precious and beautiful about humble, loving people.

    Keep these blogs/pictures coming! Reading them has been the highlight of my day and has been very inspirational.

    I love you and miss you VERY much.
    X's & O's from NJ...
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete